Monday, April 26, 2010

Cold Tofu Salad


I threw together this salad the other day to use up some silken tofu I picked up during an epic shopping trip at Asian superstore Uwajimaya. I always go there with the intention of just picking up a thing or two and emerge two hours later with a million bags of goodies. I also found the cat section in the bookstore that was almost too good to be true! Photographic evidence:


Back to the salad! This turned out so so delicious, I've already made it a few more times. Here are the components:

-raw sliced cabbage (if that's not your thing substitute any green you like)
-cubes of silken tofu
-carrot
-chopped scallion
-perfectly ripe avocado
-sesame seeds
-miso dressing
-drizzle of sesame oil and soy
-sriracha to your liking

I'm pretty sure this is going to be my go-to lunch this Summer. This and caprese....and panzanella. I've been a little salad crazy these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment